Fly to Boxing Day Sport and Entertainment
If you’re looking for a festive gift with a difference, then why not fly away on Boxing Day to a top-notch sporting event or a West End show?
Get over the Christmas blues and any overdose of leftover turkey by reaching for the skies this festive season. With London to Manchester just a 90 minute flight, your choice is our destination.
Jump to Kempton Park
If it is sport you’re after, then how about a day at the races? Kempton Park in Surrey is the place to be on Boxing Day for one of the top jump meetings in the National Hunt calendar with the William Hill Winter Festival.
This is a must for any jump fans, which features the flagship King George VI Chase, which has been won by some of the greatest jump horses of recent times – Desert Orchid, Best Mate, Kauto Star, and recently by Silviniaco Conti.
Make a day of it with by dining out at the Panoramic Bar and restaurant, while enjoying a flutter with the bookies and sampling the crackling race day atmosphere from the Sport of Kings.
There are no trains running to Kempton Park that day, so unless you fancy taking the car then why not travel in style?
Fly to Premiership Excitement
If horse racing is not your sporting choice, then how about Premiership football? It is the world’s greatest league, with a legendary line-up of stars for a guaranteed Christmas cracker. Facilities are top-notch and the Boxing Day crowds make these games extra special.
There is a veritable feast of Boxing Day football for you to take your pick from – and at Atlas Helicopters, we can ferry you there from one of a number of bases at Biggin Hill, Redhill, Stapleford and Portsmouth.
There are some top Premiership matches which you can fly you to:
- Bournemouth v Crystal Palace
- Chelsea v Watford
- Liverpool v Leicester City
- Manchester City v Sunderland
- Newcastle v Everton
- Southampton v Arsenal
- Stoke v Manchester United
- Swansea v West Bromwich Albion
- Tottenham v Norwich
will be primed for action of Boxing Day with some of the top international players who featured at the recent World Cup expected to be on show.
Matches scheduled are:
- London Irish v Northampton Saints (Madejski Stadium, Reading)
- Exeter Chiefs v Sale Sharks
- Leicester Tigers v Newcastle Falcons
Surely, one of the best sports atmospheres on Boxing Day will be found at the historic Alexandra Palace in North London, which is home every Yuletide for the PDC World Darts Championship.
Gary Anderson will be defending his title as 72 players doing battle for the £1.5 million in prize-money, culminating in the final on January 3. There will be three Boxing Day matches to choose from and a night to remember.
Take in a West End Show on Boxing Day
But if you’re tired of the endless repeats on television, or bored with board games, then perhaps a West End Show might be a treat worth enjoying.
Here are some of the popular choices you might care to look in on:
- Billy Elliot – The Musical (Victoria Palace Theatre)
- Cats (London Palladium)
- Charlie & the Chocolate Factory – The Musical (Drury Lane, Theatre Royal)
- Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time (Gielgud Theatre)
- Derren Brown: Miracle (Palace Theatre)
- Elf – The Musical (Dominion Theatre)
- Gruffalo (Vaudeville Theatre)
- Guys & Dolls (Savoy Theatre)
- Jersey Boys (Piccadilly Theatre)
- Kinky Boots (Adelphi Theatre)
- Les Miserables (Queens Theatre)
- Lion King (Lyceum Theatre)
- Mama Mia! (Novello Theatre)
- Matilda – The Musical (Cambridge Theatre)
- Miss Saigon (Prince Edward Theatre)
- Phantom of the Opera (Her Majesty’s Theatre)
- War Horse (New London Theatre)
- Wicked (Apollo Victoria Theatre)
Treat Yourself this Christmas
Atlas Helicopter is one of the leading providers of business helicopter hire and private helicopter charter. You can save time, beat the queues and add a touch of glitter to your Christmas celebrations with a sporting or theatrical treat. It will be a smooth ride all the way, with corporate hospitality thrown in.
Most sports stadiums have suitable landing sites only a short distance from the ground. In London, we can land at Battersea Heliport in the west and in the east at Docklands, where chauffeured transport will whisk you to your final destination.
Get the right result with that extra gift to a friend or a loved one, or maybe treat yourself?
Go on, make this a Christmas to remember!