Benefits of Twin-Engine Helicopters
With more customers asking specifically for flights in twin-engine helicopters, Atlas decided in 2014 to concentrate their operations on this helicopter type.
There are 10 reasons below why customers prefer twin over single engine helicopters, however, there is one reason people might prefer a single engine and that would be a slightly lower price.
But when you measure a small saving against the many benefits of twin-engines it becomes increasingly apparent why this type of aircraft has become so popular.
Top 10 Reasons for using Twin-Engine Helicopters
- Safety – two engines are always better than one.
- Longer distance – you can fly much further before refueling.
- They are faster- knocking 20 minutes off a light between London and Manchester
- More luxurious – bigger aircraft means more room for you, your guests and luggage
- Quieter. Twin-engine helicopters tend to be equipped with better sound-proofing.
- More experienced pilots
- Night flights – ideal for flying into London in the evening
- Fly to the continent – Paris is only 90 minutes from London
- All weather capability
- Fly over built-up areas – get closer to your destination
Why are Twin-Engine Helicopters more Expensive?
- Direct Operating Cost – twin-engine helicopters have more mechanical elements such as gearboxes and components, consequently they are more expensive to run and operate
- As twin-engine helicopters have two engines, they inevitably burn much more fuel;
- Typically twin engine helicopters are flown by more experienced pilots – thus salaries tend to be greater than those of the single engine marketplace.
Request An Estimate
Need an estimate for your next helicopter flight? Complete this form for an instant estimated quote. For an accurate quote, click ‘Get Final Quote’ after you have generated an estimate and we’ll get back to you within 2 hours (during office hours).
1. Plan your flight
Quick and Stylish with VIP Service
A twin-engine helicopter is ideal if you are looking to travel quickly and in style.
There is plenty of room, less noise than a single engine and when you add the ability to fly in the night, there are many more options at your disposal.
For example, we have a flexible booking system which allows you to change your itinerary on the day – this is a perfect example of twin-engine flying benefits as you can stay longer and then fly home after the sun has set, rather than get a hotel room.
Our aircraft and personnel are always immaculately turned out and in-flight you’ll receive complimentary champagne, soft drinks, light catering and daily newspapers.
If you need an instant estimate for your flight then use the form below. Once you have finalised the details send it to the Operations Team or call them to arrange the final price. We look forward to flying with you soon.